ESPN app is the one-stop source for getting all the exciting sports-related content. ESPN is a world-renowned channel for watching the most popular sporting events that are taking place in the US and in other parts of the world.
While ESPN has a dedicated channel for cable TV and Satellite TV platforms, but the option to select the content that you like to watch is absent on the channel. Taking note of this particular matter compelled the company to launch an application where users will be free to watch whatever program they want to watch without any issue. The ability to watch any live and on-demand programming is what makes ESPN app so desirable.
However, in order to enjoy the content available on the ESPN app, it needs to be properly installed and activated. ESPN app can be installed on select streaming devices such as Roku media streaming player, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV and so on. The process of installation and activation of the app is quite simple, yet it is advised to follow the steps in the correct manner in order to avoid any errors later on. If you need any help, then you can take help of experts.
Installing ESPN app on Roku via Smartphone Or Computer
- To install the ESPN app via PC or smartphone, launch the web browser on either of the devices and enter ‘channelstore.roku.com/details/34376/espn’ in the address bar.
- As the webpage opens, you will be asked to log into your Roku account prior to adding the channel.
- After that, wait for 24 hours or less because it takes some time for the channel to add to the Roku Channel Store.
- If you don’t want to allow the automatic updating of the app, then you can skip the ‘automatic daily check for updates’.
- You can manually update the app, and it will take a few minutes for this process to complete. After that, you can watch the ESPN app added to the list of your Roku channels.
How To Install ESPN App Via Roku Player?
ESPN app can be directly installed from the Roku device, and if you want to know how to do so, then follow below-mentioned steps:
- From ‘Roku home screen’, you need to choose ‘Streaming Channels’.
- Now, you need to look for ‘ESPN’ using the search function.
- You will see a number of options on the screen.
- Choose ‘ESPN’ and press ‘OK’ using your Roku remote.
- With that, the ESPN channel is added to your Roku device and you can see the same on the channels’ list.
ESPN Roku Activate – How To Do It?
To watch anything from the ESPN app on your TV, you need to ensure that the app is activated on your Roku device.
- Launch the ESPN app and then, go to ‘Settings’.
- In the ‘Settings’ menu, select ‘Subscriptions’ option followed by ‘ESPN+’.
- Select ‘Login’ and as you do so, you are going to see an activation code on the screen.
- On your PC or computer, you need to enter ‘ESPN com activate’ in the address bar.
- You will see the activation page, where you will be entering the ESPN activation code.
- Press ‘Continue’.
As the ESPN app activate Roku, the activation code page will disappear from your TV screen, and you can begin watching your favorite shows on the ESPN.
ESPN Activate Xbox One – The Entire Process
Here is what you are going to do to activate ESPN on Xbox One:
- Install the ESPN app on your Xbox One.
- Once installed, go into the ‘Settings’ of your ESPN app.
- After that, you need to select ‘Subscriptions’ followed by selecting ‘Log In’.
- You will see an activation code on your TV screen.
- On your smartphone or computer, launch a web browser and enter ‘http espn com/xboxone’ in the address bar.
- The activation code you’ve seen on the TV screen is going to be entered now.
- Enter the code and hit ‘Continue’.
- Now, you can enjoy your favorite sporting content by logging into your ESPN account.
ESPN is going to link your subscription to your Xbox One. As your account is active, you can enjoy the content on some of your supported devices.
ESPN Activate Apple TV – How To Do It?
In order to activate the ESPN app on Apple TV, you must ensure that you have a valid subscription on ESPN app. If you have, then follow below-mentioned steps:
- On your Apple TV, you need to find and install the ‘ESPN’ app.
- Once installed, launch the app.
- Now, go to ‘Settings’, then ‘Subscriptions’ and click ‘Subscribe’ if you have not subscribed to the app yet.
- Select ‘Login’, and as you do so, you will see an activation code on the TV screen.
- Now, you need to launch a web browser on your smartphone or computer and enter ‘www espn com activate appletv’.
- Enter the activation code now and press ‘Continue’.
- It’s time to log in to your ESPN account, and as you do so, your ESPN app will be linked to your Apple TV.
How To Do ESPN Activate Fire TV?
Amazon Fire TV supports ESPN app, and if you want to have this app on your Fire TV, then here is what you are going to do:
- Connect your Amazon Fire TV with your TV and then turn on both devices.
- On your Amazon Fire TV, you need to open the ‘App Store’ and search for ‘Fire TV’.
- Then, go to ‘Settings’ followed by selecting ‘Subscriptions’.
- Now, you need to select ‘Log In’, and as you do so, you will see an activation code on the screen.
- Go to your computer or smartphone, launch a web browser and enter ‘www.espn.com/firetv’ in the address bar.
- As the webpage opens, enter the activation code and then, press ‘Continue’.
- Log into your ESPN account using the right username and password or sign up for a new account.
The process of ESPN activate FireStick is also the same, so follow the aforementioned steps to activate ESPN on Fire Stick.
The key to a successful ESPN activation lies in the activation subscription of the app. If you don’t have a valid subscription, then you won’t be able to activate the app on your streaming device. In case, you have a valid subscription, yet not able to activate the app, then check if there are any errors in the settings of your streaming device. If there are, then you can get in touch with the ESPN support facility to get rid of the issues befalling the activation process of the app.